1. Amazon has opened a book store in New York, blending features of online shopping with bricks and mortar retail. Business Insider reports.
2. Quiqup has raised £20m ($26m) in series B funding, according to TechCrunch. Founder Tim Linssen tells Retail Gazette why every retailer should consider offering on demand services. Read our interview with Co-founder Bassel El Koussa here.
3. The Washington Post details how Google is tracking credit card spending in store to help prove that its online ads are driving purchases.
4. The New York Times explores the high level of innovation happening in the laundry industry, with two robots that folds items once clean and dry.
5. A feature by Econsultancy examines whether AI will impact high street retail to the degree it is transforming eCommerce.