1. Walmart is promising to deliver groceries straight to shoppers’ fridges, through a new partnership with smart lock maker August.
2. Travel site Trivago is tackling the trust issues around gathering customer data. Partnering with machine learning startup Tripl, it’s analysing users’ social media activity — with their consent — to offer personalised holiday recommendations.
3. The team behind Facebook’s AI Camera is working to change the way we see, read and navigate the world around us. The Atlantic takes a closer look.
4. In partnership with Mastercard, Swarovski has created a virtual reality shopping experience, through an app that invites customers to browse and buy its interior decor range.
5. Nike has launched new tech-enabled jerseys, each embedded with an NFC chip that allows wearers to unlock game-day content — including pre-game footage and Spotify playlists — by swiping it with the NikeConnect app.