1. Costcutter is trialling a biometric payment system, which maps the user’s finger veins to create a unique key that links to their debit or credit card.
2. Burberry is making use of Apple’s ARKit to engage with online shoppers, allowing users to decorate their photos with brand-inspired doodles from artist Danny Sangra.
3. Meal kit brand Blue Apron has launched a new podcast targetting its core audience of young urbanites, exploring the anthropology of some of America’s biggest food trends.
4. Following its acquisition by Amazon, Whole Food’s online foot traffic has increased 33% — with the majority of first-time customers made up of Walmart customers, Bloomberg reports.
5. Continuing to experiment with new convenience offerings, this brand of Walmart is trialling a personal shopper service that delivers online shopping straight to customers’ waiting cars.