1. eBay and Saatchi Art are tapping into consumers’ subconscious desires with The Art of Shopping, which uses mind-tracking technology to identify when shoppers are inspired by the products in front of them.
2. Topman’s global digital director Gareth Rees-Jones shares three simple ways his team is personalising the ecommerce experience for shoppers.
3. Qubit Aura uses AI machine learning to personalise product discovery for mobile shoppers, working smartly with existing ecommerce sites for the likes of Net-a-Porter and John Lewis.
4. Asos is allowing customers in Nordic countries to pay for purchases after delivery, in a bid to make online shopping more flexible.
5. “Ecommerce doesn’t have to equal Amazon” — brands from Kellogg’s to Coca-Cola are looking at alternative strategies, including how smart partnerships can push online sales.