1. Designed to promote sales of alcohol, including products not yet on shelves, Amazon’s latest venture into the real world is a pop-up bar in Tokyo.
2. Hinting at the impact of automation on retail, Walmart is trialling robots in select US stores, that can scan and restock shelves faster than humans.
3. Racked reviews whether eBay is still relevant, and how it’s seeking to differentiate and elevate itself against its competitors.
4. China is pushing ahead with facial recognition technology, with a new system that will deliver 90% accuracy.
5. Forbes explores how augmented reality is set to transform retail, offering opportunities not only to add a new layer of information, but also a layer of emotion, experience and storytelling.