1. Chatbotlr is a new chatbot at Aloft Hotels by Marriott International, responding to guest requests via text message. It builds on the company’s broader use of chatbots on social channels including Facebook and WeChat — use of which has grown 85% month on month since the hotel chain launched the technology last year.
2. There’s a new AR headset in the pipeline for 2020 from Apple, according to Bloomberg, which has speculated that it could overtake the iPhone.
3. AR specialists Blippar are taking their technology to the streets with AR City, an app that will give users a new way to navigate more than 300 cities worldwide.
4. Exploring how real-time data from products can be used to build emotionally intelligent connections with consumers, Digital Emotional Intelligence is a new research report from Avery Dennison and software company EVRYTHING.
5. With the popularity of subscription services continuing to grow, Retail Dive takes a look at the success of one in particular, Dollar Shave Club, and what it says about the future of the model.