1. Forward-thinking fashion label Rebecca Minkoff is experimenting with what a virtual reality shopping experience could look like. Digiday shares some of the brand’s early thoughts and findings.
2. Building on its holiday marketing this year, department store Saks has launched a chatbot gift guide that makes product suggestions based not only on questions answered by shoppers, but also on their purchase and browsing behaviour.
3. YouTube is giving users a quick and easy format for sharing content — building on the popularity of features like Stories on Instagram, Reels is a new 30-second mobile video format, to which creators can add filters, music, stickers and more.
4. Amazon often dominates discussions on the future of online retail. Here, Fast Company takes a look at “the future of retail in the age of Amazon” — at how other brands, traditional and new, are finding creative new ways to fight back and succeed.
5. Courier takes a look at how Instagram will be leveraging its billion-dollar influencer economy in 2018, from shoppable snaps to Insta-celeb designed products.