1. Delving into the world of multisensory branding is Visa, which plans to use sensory elements — including sound, animations and haptic cues — to indicate when payments have been processed, online and offline. Brandchannel explores the impact this might have on consumers.
2. Financial service Try is rethinking the way we pay for online shopping, particularly fashion, with a subscription model that allows consumers to try before they buy.
3. E-commerce company ThredUp has introduced AI-powered Goody Boxes that learn users’ preferences, based on what they keep and send back, to keep personalising the contents.
4. Beauty brand Indola is trialling NFC-enabled packaging that can be scanned with a smartphone to access tips and tutorials on using its products.
5. Uber has partnered with agency R/GA on a new data-driven campaign. Year With Uber turns users’ trip data into personalised animations.