1. In a bid to get more businesses using its messaging platform, and harnessing its 1.3bn users, Whatsapp has launched a dedicated customer service app called Whatsapp Business.
2. Combining old technology and new, beauty brand Kiehl’s is using AI and text messaging to prompt customers to place orders — and to remind them to reorder too.
3. Bolt is a startup payment platform that aims to simplify and speed up the checkout experience for both customers and retailers, by building in useful tools and taking a new approach to fraud detection.
4. Capgemini has released a new report on Conversational Commerce, exploring how consumers are making use of voice assistants, and how it’s set to revolutionise commerce.
5. Feedback, returns and replenishment are three areas set to be transformed by voice AI, predicts Adweek.