1. With a view to reimagining at-home shopping to offer more immersive experiences, Walmart has acquired virtual reality specialists Spatialand.
2. The retailer has also updated its app with an auto ‘Store Assistant’ mode, which automatically activates special features when users walk into one of its stores.
3. Action Works is a new activism platform from ethical clothing brand Patagonia, which will inform people about local grassroots organisations involved in environmental work.
4. Wired explores the ‘haptic problem’ of smartphones, and how touch-transmitting devices can help people feel more connected to each other.
5. Following the latest user experience updates to its mobile travel tools, Quartz looks at how Google is embedding itself into every step of the online travel process.