1. Bringing contactless payment technology to timepieces and fitness trackers, seven global watch brands have partnered with bPay, the wearable tech solution from Barclays Bank.
2. With its ‘Expedited Virtual Currency Transaction System’, PayPal’s aiming to make it easier for people to pay for goods with cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin.
3. Find out how PepsiCo is using machine learning and predictive analytics to track emerging trends and inform new product development, working with tech startup Black Swan.
4. First introduced to the US in 2017, Instagram’s shopping interface is now expanding to the UK, allowing retailers to sell straight through the social network.
5. Quartz argues that “retail’s artificial intelligence bet is all wrong” — the focus should be on people, not apps.