1. Bringing suppliers and customers closer together, Starbucks is trialling the use of Blockchain technology to track the supply chain journey of its coffee beans.
2. Sellers on eBay can now use augmented reality to help identify the right packaging size for their send-outs, with the launch of its new ARCore-based feature on Android phones.
3. From Bonobos to Modcloth, Walmart’s latest acquisitions are part of a strategy to help the retailer reach a Millennial audience, explains Marc Lore, CEO of Walmart Ecommerce US.
4. CGI is coming to retail. Retail Wire discusses the potential it holds to create immersive digital experiences for consumers.
5. Philips Lighting is replacing Wi-Fi with Li-Fi (Light Fidelity) technology — the transmission of high-speed, wireless data through light. Fast Co Design explains how it works.