1. Yoti is a British startup bringing ID cards to smartphones, to help check the identities of individuls at bars, night clubs, supermarkets and more.
2. Meanwhile, in partnership with biometric identification company Blink Identity, Ticketmaster is experimenting with facial recognition to identify people attending events.
3. The federal government has approved a commercial test programme that will see Uber Technologies testing 30-minute food deliveries by drone.
4. Matching whisky drinkers to one of six new drinks based on their taste preferences, My Editions is a digital personalisation tool from Johnnie Walker, developed by the Diageo Futures team.
5. The Cut takes a look at how the Amazon effect is changing the shape of physical stores, leading to “a retail renaissance”.