1. eBay is experimenting with tailored homepages, which personalise content based on a user’s likes, dislikes, and purchase and browsing data.
2. Fortune takes a look at the trend for virtual food, and how restaurants such as Wagamama are using AR and VR to whet people’s appetites and generate social buzz.
3. Personalising the shopping experience within the beauty category, Target is introducing AR and text-to-chat concierge services.
4. By introducing Bluetooth connectivity and a new app, Coca-Cola is allowing people to create and order custom drinks via smartphone from its Freestyle soda dispenser.
5. Two years after launching the service, tequila brand Patron reports it’s receiving 6,000+ sessions a month of people using its Ask Patron skill for Amazon’s Echo, which offers recipes and facts about the drink.