1. Targeting “upper income” shoppers in New York, Walmart has been trialing a new members-only concierge shopping service called Jetblack.
2. In China, Alibaba is road testing a driverless delivery robot called G Plus, which will transport online purchases to shoppers, and has a storage locker that unlocks using facial recognition technology.
3. JWT Intelligence has published a new report on the future of loyalty, exploring everything from smart use of AI and blockchain technologies, to the concept of ‘emotional versus transactional’ loyalty. Download it here.
4. By 2019, 90% of large companies will have a Chief Data Officer, predicted Gartner’s research vice president, Mario Faria. Here, Raconteur explores what makes for a successful CDO.
5. Fast Company chats to the duo behind Amazon Go — Gianna Puerini and Dilip Kumar — about the company’s convenience store concept.