1. At its first ever “naked” store in Milan, Lush Cosmetics is trialling a mobile app that uses AI and image recognition to access product information.
2. Chinese ecommerce giant JD.com has opened a new Shanghai fulfilment centre powered almost entirely by robots — it can process 200,000 orders a day, and employs just four people to operate its robot workforce.
3. Announced at Cannes Lions this week, L’Oreal’s new digital assistant brings the experience and expertise of the beauty counter into consumers’ homes, using a combination of AR and livestreaming.
4. Amazon’s Treasure Trucks launched in the US and UK as a way to establish a physical presence and connect with customers in person. USAToday takes a closer look.
5. Two months since launching, Bank of America’s AI-powered assistant is being used by one million people. Users can interact with Erica by texting, talking or tapping on-screen commands.