1. With ‘Alexa for Hospitality’, Marriott Hotels will soon be allowing guests to use in-room Amazon Echos to enhance their stay — the devices can be used to place orders and book guest services, manage room controls and access hotel information.
2. Working with retail tech company Hero, Harvey Nichols is connecting online shoppers to in-store sales associates via a WhatsApp-style messaging service — those who’ve used the service so far have spent up to twice as much.
3. From Netflix and Amazon Prime to Dollar Shave Club and Blue Apron, software company Ceros presents an intriguing visual account of today’s subscription economy.
4. Do away with focus groups and use digital to “ask questions at scale”, advises Henry Davies, president of disruptive beauty brand Glossier. The Current shares more of his outlook on customer engagement.
5. A report by Voicebot.ai reveals that 26% of smart speaker owners have made a purchase using voice, while 11.5% say they do so regularly.