1. Tommy Hilfiger has launched a line of smart chip-enabled clothing, which rewards consumers for each wear with discounts and exclusive experiences.
2. As empty shops and malls become a common site in the US and UK, Forbes asks, will virtual shopping malls save retailers?
3. Uber has struck an exclusive deal with in-car commerce startup Cargo, which will let passengers in ride-hail vehicles instantly buy goods on their smartphone.
4. From personalisation through to smartphones, JWT Intelligence’s latest report explores the current revolution of loyalty programs in retail.
5. Waymo has partnered with Walmart for the launch of a pilot program, which allows online grocery shoppers to summon an autonomous vehicle to collect their orders.