1. JWT Intelligence explores how the convenience of mobile apps and automation is shaking up café and restaurant culture in China.
2. American Express plans to introduce a wearable payment device at the U.S. Open Tennis Championship, which lets customers pay for purchases.
3. According to a recent consumer study by Splitit, 87% of online shoppers will abandon their shopping carts during checkout if the process is too laborious.
4. L’Oréal has announced a long-term collaboration with Facebook to create augmented reality-powered makeup try-on experiences for users.
5. “The retail apocalypse may have a silver lining after all”, says Digiday, as online retailers start using empty mall spaces to test products.