1. Once a space for catching up with friends, social media is now encroaching on commerce and making shopping easier than ever. JWT Intelligence reports.
2. Walmart has filed patents for at-home VR shopping, which would allow consumers to purchase Walmart merchandise in VR, and robots to manage orders and shipping.
3. Liftoff’s study of gamer habits finds that women are 79% more likely than men to make in-app purchases in mobile games. Mobile Marketer reports.
4. UNiDAYS and Ad Age Studio 30 reveal that Gen Z prefer interacting with brands in-person, highlighting the digital nomads’ complex relationship with technology.
5. Forever 21 has introduced an AI-enabled feature called ‘Discover your style’, which allows consumers to engage with a visual search when browsing online.